The Palace Garages
The Palace Garages in Dronningens Tværgade in Copenhagen is Denmark’s first parking garage. The functionalistic premises were erected in 1932, and its design was inspired by the modern American architecture of that period. We were advisers throughout the whole process and carried out a comprehensive restoration and recovery of the premises, while the garages were still in use.
Restoration and renovation of parking garage
Teknologisk Institut and Eduard Troelsgård Rådgivende Ingeniører A/S
Full Service Throughout the Process
By splitting up the process into various stages on the basis of the infrastructure of the place, it was possible to keep 80 % of the premises open during the restoration. This minimised disruption for the users as well as the loss of revenue for the client.
Architect with Functionalism on his Mind
Architect Oscar Gundlach-Petersen (1886-1960) designed the plant and the small gas station in front of the driveway with a characteristic combination of artistic and practical features. In the following years, Gundlach-Petersen designed several more plants of this type.